Thursday, May 2, 2013

Grandpa Willy

(Biff describing Willy to his kids)

He was a misunderstood man. He was brave in his words. Your grandfather was a proud, successful and mistreated man. Though me might have lost his way here and there not one guy would ever call him a bad man. He was well-liked by everyone. Grandpa Willy never was good with a car though (chuckles) which is why he isn't here to laugh and love on you guys today. Boy did he love life though! He loved his wife and his boys and always wanted the best for them just as I do for you. It is hard for kids to understand just how much their parents love them. Some day you guys will know just what I mean by that. And boy, could he sell! Up until his last day I swear he was trying to sell me to everyone else! Going around telling Charlie and your grandma, even his brother sometimes how I was going to be a big shot just like him. And boy did I want to be a big shot! Just like old pops. Yeah, he may have been a little rough around the edges, but that's what happens after all the miles, all the appointments, and being busy getting people to like you all the time. He was a good man, guys, ah I miss him. Don't you ever forget your grandfather, you hear? If you do I swear that man will jump right out of his grave and give you a talking to. He'll be telling you about old Uncle Ben and how a man can walk into a jungle just a teen and walk out at twenty one years old, rich as a golden sucker. Now that's success boys! That's the beauty of this world! Any man who is well-liked like your grandpa can really make a shoe shine! Just look at how well I turned out! That's what you boys want, right? (silence) ...Right boys? Answer me! God damnit I gave you an order!

(Boys in unison) Yes dad, that's what we want, we'll make you proud.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure what to make of his snappy behavior at the end of this. Am I to assume that he's a "chip off the ol' block" and will be volatile like his father?

    ReplyDelete