Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dialogue

Narrative: Robin and Claire are best friends. Recently, they have taken to a healthier lifestyle and now spend at least an hour a day working out and getting into shape at the gym. Tonight they are doing the same, but have decided to use a machine in the gym they have never used before. The two are twins, the machines that is, both working hip abductors but doing so in the opposite direction. The two girls take a seat.

Robin: "I love these machines, really work your butt."

Claire: "Can you say bikini?"

Robin: "What?"

Claire: "Every time I do a rep, no matter how embarassing it looks I say bikini! It reminds me of why I am doing this."

Robin: "Why is this embarassing?"

Claire: "Are you kidding, these machines make us look like we're maids in waiting, if you know what I mean. Swing my legs open, HELLO!"

--Both laugh uncontrollably for a few minutes"

Claire: "I feel like we should name these the hello machines."

Robin: "I think we can come up with something better than that." (Smiles)

Claire:"I know! We can call them spread and eagle!"

--Both burst out in laughter yet again--

Robin: "I knew there was a reason we are friends."

Claire: "Just trying to keep things entertaining that's all!"

2 comments:

  1. I like this, it kinda relates to how I feel at times when I work out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how dialogue is so revealing about character. We know these girls' natures from hearing them banter. We know they have senses of humor, and we know there's a slightly naughty streak.

    ReplyDelete